02 October 2026

Milestones in recent history

Today is a very important day in recent history of Bhaarath, our great country, as the birth anniversary of Gandhiji. 

I nostalgically remember my boyhood days when this day used to celeberated by all communities. 

I also remember my memorable visit to Gandhiji's Phoenix Aashram when I was working in Southern Africa in late 1980s and early 1990s. The Ashram was set up by Gandhiji.

It is odd that our successive Governments have not used his views on Basic Education in our School Systems properly.

Today is also the birth anniversary of Shree Lal Bahadur Shastriji, another great leader that our Bhaarath had.


All TV Channels in our country telecast programs about Gandhiji. One such was Amrita TV. In today's episode of 'Sandhya Deepam', the charismatic anchor explained how Gandhiji used the revered Bhagavath Geethaa in his own life.

Screenshot of today's 'Sandhya Deepam'

Shree Krishnam Vandhe Jagadh Gurum🙏 



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Kumbakonam , Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.