Tomorrow is a very auspicious day in the Sanaathana Dharmaa Calender. It is the anniversary on which Shree Mahaa Vishnu incarnated as Lord Shree Vaamanaa, billions of years ago. This day is celeberated as Shree Vaamana Jayanthee.
Lord Vaamanaa setting His foot
on
King Mahaa Bali
As far as I know, this Avathaar (immediately followed by Shree Thrivikramaa Avathaar took place only for a few hours just like Shree Narasimha Avathaar.
As far as I know, Lord Shree Mahaa Vishnu blessed King Mahaa Bali and placed him as King in Paathaala Loka. On Mahaa Bali's request, Shree Mahaa Vishnu granted permission to King Mahaa Bali to visit his former kingdom on Earth once every year. Every year this day is celeberated as Onam festival in Keralam and Malayaalee people across barriers all over the world.
Let us go on a virtual pilgrimage to a revered Shree Vaamanaa temple here. Although I visited a few Shree Mahaa Vishnu temples in Ernakulam when I was working there in 1984 and 1985, I regret that it didn't strike me to this temple and have dharshan of Lord Shree Vaamana who has been blessing the city by His Grace. Let us visit a website containing a temple dedicated to Shree Thrivikramaa here.
Jai Shree Lakshmi Naaraayanaa🙏



Great company! Any way you have to put up with some unpleasant experiences in 'social' life. You must be having some exhilarating and noble company too. Bon spatito.
ReplyDelete