08 October 2026

Online shopping oddity

A few days ago I placed an order for a lizard repellent plug in device as listed in Amazon website. The product details seemed to be satisfactory. I did receive the items but none of them worked well. Hence I wrote to Amazon that the items need to be returned to seller and my money, back to me. When I filled the option for return, following message appeared on Amazon webpage to my utter disappointment:


"NOTE: We aren’t able to offer policy exceptions in response to comments. Do not include personal information as these comments may be shared with external service providers to identify product defects."

Thus I lost Rs 499 from my hard earned financial resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Kumbakonam , Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.