10 October 2026

Ten Nights Fest

Tomorrow marks the beginning of Navaraathri Fest (Ten nights fest). Women in Hindu households set up dolls this evening and begin the Fest tomorrow. 

I fondly remember how my beloved mother prepared for the Fest. My beloved father, I, my sister and brother helped her in the process to some extent. I have described how we celeberated in a few previous posts.

Before shifting to my current residence, I was residing as tenant in the house of a retired Engineer. As I have mentioned in my previous posts, he and his wife are well qualified Engineers and are adorably simple and good natured.

After shifting residence, I phone to my landlord and his wife; they too phone to me some times. This evening I had a phone call from my landlord's wife on her own behalf and in her husband's behalf. As with all good friends, we inquire about each other's welfare.

This afternoon I received a photo of their dolls arranged for the fest. Following is the photo:

Advanced Nava Raathree wishes to them.

Shree Krishnam Vandhe Jagadh Gurum🙏 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Kumbakonam , Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.