It is common for lizards to move about in our homes not only in India but also in other countries. I don't know whether others have the same disgust as I have on these creatures. If I haapen to see lizard faeces when eating, I immediately get nausea and vomitting. My current residence consists of a new building. But still lizards are common in all the houses in our Complex. I tried different techniques to combat the problem, but in vain. One of my neighbours said that he engaged a local Pest Control Company that specialises in Liazard repelling spray. He said that he spent Rs 10000 to deep clean his house with lizard spray and suggested that the Agency may be of help to me. Hence I engaged the Agency to deep clean my house; I paid Rs 1000. Two hours after the process, two lizards were peeping out from a loft in my bedroom. One week after spending Rs 1000, I still see lizards in my house.
Like most people, I use mosquito repellant daily. As there is an open ventilator without any wire mesh in my bathroom it is easy for lizards to move in. Hence I began using mosquito repellant there too. But contrary to my expectation, since then I see lizards more frequently than before. I don't know whether lizards like the mosquito repellant's smell. I am not a biologist or ecologist to study the lizard behaviour. Whatever I have described happen, provided the fact that I have placed lizard repellant cakes (ordered online) in different parts of the house.
In the late 1980s, there was an excellent article written by one Prof D Balasubramanian, a scientist, in the Science Supplement of THE HINDU, a popular Newspaper published from Chennai. The Science Supplement used to be published on Thursdays. The professor described how moquitoes like certain colours. He had written several interesting articles.
Probably lizards have similar likes and dislikes. I hope that a lizard specialist writes an article on this.


No comments:
Post a Comment