This evening there was an episode of 'Every bite takes you home' presentd by Indira Naidoo on ABC TV CHANNEL.
The episode featured South African Indian Cuisine. Although the documentary was not interesting to me as it centered on non-veg food, it reminded me of the late 1980s and early 1990s when I was working in Southern Africa. I nostalgically remember my visits to my Brahmin friends such as Shree Dayanand Sharmaji, Shree Manjunath, Shree Balasubramaniam and Shree Ganapathi. I am thankful to them for not only enabling me eat delicious 100% vegetarian food items but also for good conversations. I am also thankful to Mrs Dr Ram Devineni, wife of the Chief Medical Officer at the District Govt Hospital, Mrs Meera Chandra, my colleague and Mrs Surjeet Singh Gill, wife of my colleague, for cooking delicious vegetarian Indian food and enabling single guys such as me and my colleague Sasikant Rai to enjoy eating them. I and my Indian friends used to get home cooked vegetarian snacks from a few Gujarathi families settled in the region. I thank them too. Those were golden days.
Shree Krishnam Vandhe Jagadh Gurum🙏


No comments:
Post a Comment