This evening as I was listening to a Chaathurmaasya Divine Discourse by Shree Satyatma Theertha Swaamiji, Chief Pontiff of our Uttaradi Mutt on UTube, I learnt some thing which I guess, that many people don't know.
Our Swaamiji described how Yudhishtiraa the eldest sibling of The Paandavaas sought the blessings from Bheeshmachaaryaa and Dhronaachaaryaa of The Kauravaas at the beginning of the Mahaa Bhaarath war. Kauravaas and Paandavaas were opposing sides.
Swamiji said that Yudhishtiraa shot an arrow each in front of the feet of Bheesmaachaarya and Dhronaachaaryaa as a gesture of his bowing himself down before them; Bheeshmaachaarya and Dhronaachaaryaa blessed Yudhishtiraa saying "Vijayee Bhava" meaning "May you be victoriuos".
Last year in a UTube discourse by one of respected Maadhwaa spiritual speakers, I heard that before leaving to the battle field, Duryodhana asked for his mother's blessings; instead of blessing him specifically, she said "Whichever side is Dhaarmic (meaning righteous) will win the war". She didn't deviate from righteousness by succumbing to affection for her son, unlike her husband, with the fact that what all Dhuryodhana and his team mates did were sins.
Although Bheeshmaachaarya and Dhronaachaaryaa were in Kaurava side that served the wicked King Duryodhanaa, they were considered to be Shree Mahaa Vishnu devotees.
L to R: Bheeshmaachaarya on his death bed, Lord Shree Krishna
and Arjuna
Jai Shree Krishnaa🙏


No comments:
Post a Comment