19 August 2026

Old age and marital bond

This evening I had an opportunity to view a documentary entitled The waiting game on ABC AUSTRALIA TV CHANNEL. 

Although we live in communities with relatively multinational cultures and traditions, I think that many people have misconceptions about other cultures. One such is that in western countries marriages don't last as long as in Asian countries. I have myself seen old caucasian married couples staying together in their old age and helping each other. ABC documentary shows specific examples of this bond. I think that many of our own Indian married people who get into divorce unreasonably should learn lessons from such documentaries. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.