12 December 2015

Pandyaaji and Parikrama

After 12 days of electronic oblivion (due to heavy rains and aftermath) in the city, it was great watching Shree Bhupendrabhaiji Pandya on Sanskar TV Channel yesterday afternoon. Filled with apt emotion, he was explaining the meeting of Sudhaamaa and Lord Krishnaa. I have always liked Mr Pandya's discourses for their meaning and his excellent language.

This morning, as I was browsing the TV channels I bumped in to one that telecast a heavy metal rock music performance by a Delhi based rock (fusion) group known as `Parikrama'. Though I have never liked heavy metal rock, some of these songs had a soft tone qualifying them to be labelled soft rock. The band took me back to 1985 when I used to visit a nearby restaurant in Kochi to eat my favorite cheese sandwich and sip my cup of strong coffee and listen to live rendering by some local soft rock band or the other.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.