10 April 2019

Grand daughterly affection

A few weeks back I went to a local Siddha herbal clinic to get my piles and severe constipation treated. After taking their medicines  my health improved. When I went there for the second time, one of the staff members told me that one of the girls at the reception desk said, "Anda thaathaa alagaa irukkaaru " meaning "That grandpa is good looking". I thanked the girl and told her that if I take take birth as a human being in my next birth, I wish to have someone like her to be my daughter or grand daughter. It is nice for any person when children or grandchildren admire him/her, of course from an affection point of view without any odd or perverted feeling.

I have always thought that my parents were a very good looking couple.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.