14 April 2021

Oddities in Online shopping

It is well known that online shopping is more convenient than direct shopping in that it saves time and energy. But depending on the vendor, online shopping isn't free from risks. I had heard from some one that ready made 'Pancha gachchams' are available nowadays in shops in Chennai. From Google search I found that Ramraj Cottons sells these. Their Web page clearly mentioned "Pancha gachcham with an icon of a man wearing ready made panchagachcham. I  placed the order. But when I received the material, it was long dhoti that is used as panchagachcham and not panchagachcham itself as advertised by Ramraj Cottons. Moreover, the material seems to a blend of polyester and cotton and not 100% cotton. I think that direct shopping is always better unless it is not possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.