19 July 2022

Prathap Pothen

I don't view as many TV programs as I used to until a few days back thereby not knowing as to happenings around.

A few minutes back when I was browsing UTube, I came across a video about the premature death of one of my most favourite actors, Prathap Pothen.

I remember Prathap Pothen's acting in a Tamil movie entitled "Nanjathai killade" released in 1980s. Although the title is a bit embarrasing, my brother told me that it was a good movie. My brother had a Vijay Super scooter and we both went to the movie. It was the only Tamil language movie, as far as I had seen, that never had any obscenity even in romantic scenes. (I think that I had come from Cochin during vacation and my brother had come on a weekend from Trichur, where he was working, at that time). 

The performing industry in the Indian Silver Screen has lost a versatile actor and a good gentleman. 

His fans will remember him for several dignified roles that he played in movies, particularly in Malayalam and Tamil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.