18 October 2022

Changes and challenges

We are all aware that changes are inevitable whether it is the environment or within our own bodies. Some changes are good, for instance, in Technology, particularly in the post internet era.

Thanks to mobile based online shopping, just a few clicks on your smartphone makes your shopping hassle free. But unfortunately, as I have given a few examples from my own experience, digital comfort does bring in unexpected setbacks.

Day before yesterday, I placed online order for biscuits, wafers, chicolates and soft drinks (which have continued to be my favourite food items since boyhood) via Jiomart. As usual there delivery was fast and smart. One of the items that I ordered was Brittania's 'Biscafe'. This product is basically a biscuit with a small percentage of coffee. It does taste well with a mild coffee flavour.

Somehow I think that biscuits manufacrured by Brittania, Parle etc. today are not as tasty as those brought out in the 60s, 70s and 80s. Before these, there used be excellently tasty biscuits manufacured by J B Mangaa Raam. 

Thanks to manufactureres such as Haldirams who retain the taste and quality of their products for more than 50 years.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.