04 December 2022

Shree Mahaa Vishnu and Geethaa Fest

Being Ekaadashi, today is a very auspicious day to Shree Mahaa Vishnu devotees. Today is also a very auspicious day, because it is on this day, that Lord Shree Krishnaa, an Incarnation of Shree Mahaa Vishnu, resolved the dilemma of Arjunaa, just before beginning the Mahaa Bhaarathaa war, that eventually led to the victory of good over evil. The Devine words spoken by Lord Shree Krishnaa  himself to Arjunaa is revered as 'Bhagavath Geethaa', literally meaning 'The Divine Song'. This day is devotedly celebrated as Geethaa Jayanthi.

Bhagavath Geetha begins with "Dharmakshetre Kurukshetre...". The term 'Dharmakshetre' meaning 'the place where Dharmaa got established'. 

According to a divine speaker, whom I listened to a few days back, the term 'Dharmakshetre' means that the place became a Dharmakshetraa as Lord Shree Krishnaa himself had perormed Yagnaa at this place for many years well before the war took place.





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.