14 February 2023

Digital Economy

As many of us know, the first Digital Economy Working Group(DEWG) meeting under our Government's G20 Presidency began yesterday in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. 

Like many people, I use mobile internet to follow news items. This evening, I tried to know about the Meeting proceedings and outcomes that are of interest to middle class Indians. But unfortunately, I couldn't find any websites including those maintained by our Government, with most updated news. 

This doesn't mean that our Government machinery is not useful. As we all know, after BJP came to power, there has been accelerated improvement in making India digital. For instance, I make my monthly payment to my servant maid via Google Pay just like I do when shopping online, paying my bills, paying to my Brahmin caterer (who supplies cooked food items) etc.

Thanks to Mr Narendra Modi and his team, Mr Sunder Pitchai and his team, and numerous others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.