08 May 2023

Lizards, mosquitoes and bad neighbour's menace

Like many people, I am allergic to seeing animals such as lizards, frogs and cats. As mentioned in my earlier posts, I have done all I can to repel lizards from my residence, but in vain. When eating or drinking any thing, if I happen to see lizards, I get nauseating feeling immediately, just like I get headache if some one drinks nearby. 

Next to lizards come mosquitoes. However much that I try to keep my residence clean, whenever I open my apartment door, one or two mosquitoes with a lizard or two immediately enter my apartment. One reason is probably the manner in which the space in front of my apartment is being used. It is a small area that is common to me and my next door neighbour. The problem is that my 75 or 76 years old single neighbour's 60 or 65 years old servant maid, who stays in the apartment 24/7 on all days including Sundays and holidays, keeps her slippers and other things widely spread out in the area such that mosquitoes find the area a safe haven. She walks on the space every two hours or so, but never sweeps or mops the area except once in the morning daily.  

I don't care about personal aspects of my neighbour or his servant maid. What frustrates me is their indifference. 

However I am glad to hear from my apartment owner that my neighbour has been asked to vacate. My apartment and my neighbouring apartment are owned by the same person.

Some times I find it frustrating to be surrounded by lizards, mosquitoes and indifferent entities in human form.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.