11 May 2024

The Beatles revisited

All over the world, numerous people of my age (72 years) remember The Beatles and their songs even after more than 50 years since they sang their last song 'Let It Be'. It is nice that the song has been re-recorded according to the Band's official website. Let me share the song here.

Following photo shows The Beatles with their Guru Mahesh Yogi, during their visit to India in 1960s:


It was not uncommon among young and middle aged men to have 'Beatles' hair style, like the one that I used to have as shown in the following photo taken in 1984:


I am 5th from left alongwith my local friends in Bhutan. I was teaching in a Bhutan Government School during those years.

Let me sign off from this post by sharing another version of Let It Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.