28 January 2012

Picture from Peter and Pam

Peter Minter taught Design Technology and I taught Physics in a Southern African school. We were members of a multinational team of teachers (from Australia to Zimbabwe). Peter was a very softspoken person; his wife Pam was a homemaker. They too resided in the staff quarters.

Me, Pam and Peter
Sometimes when Minters went on outings I had the pleasure of feeding the fishes in their aquarium. As we were of nearly the same age group, we had common interests.

Once Pam organised an exhibition of her works of art in Alliance Francais, Gaborone (where I studied 2 levels of French). As a good friend, I also attended the exhibition. At that time she asked me to point out my most favourite one from the exhibits. To my pleasant surprise, the very next day, they sent the picture to me and said that it was a gift to a `good friend'!

Picture from Pam and Peter
I think that good friendship has no barriers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.