30 September 2015

Channel News Asia

My dear friend Jos Kottutundiyil is not only a brilliant guy but also a voracious reader. What is amazing is that he uses his computer to read books. (I would prefer books in hard copy format than on a computer screen. When it comes to news and documentaries too I don't find computer screen as easy to view as TV screen). A few months back Jos started an editorial services company which I think would serve a lot of people. If you are interested, you can mail him at jcheri58@gmail.com or elc.es315@gmail.com.

Coming to satellite dish based TV channel providers, I have always wondered as to why TATA Sky doesn't include channels such as Singapore based Channel News Asia. It's nice to see this channel included in TATA SKY recently. Now viewers can watch news items and documentaries from the ASEAN region given the fact that the channel covers ASEAN countries more elaborately than any other channel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.