29 September 2026

Ancestral worship

Day before yesterday, I performed ancestral worship of my beloved parents and brother. As I mentioned in day before yesterday's post, worship is performed not only to ancestors but also to all others who passed away including relatives, friends and acquaintances. 

Although my beloved sister too passed away, according to Sanaathana Dharmaa Scriptures, I can begin performing the ritual for her only after one year goes by after her demise. In my next year's ritual I intend adding her and Naagamani maausee  (my beloved mother's elder sister) and Shree Balaji Rao (her husband). I like and respect them. My maternal aunt and her husband were very good, unlike other relatives of that generation. 

Shree Krishnam Vandhe Jagadh Gurum🙏 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Kumbakonam , Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.