27 May 2012

Friend in need

By God's Grace, yesterday happened to be less hot than previous days here in Chennai. Though I don't like to go out in such a hot weather, yesterday I couldn't help it, as my real estate consultant was about to come today to  take a passport size photo of mine for processing registration of some land. Though I could take photocopies of docs such as ID proof and address proof using the photocopier attached to my notebook, lack of passport size photographs warranted my visit to a photo studio as land  registration offices still accept only `conventional' prints and not those which could be photocopied or scanned and printed.  (If I delay in submitting my photographs, it would delay the process of my buying the land in Chennai).   

Some twenty years back, getting a passport size photo would have taken half a day. Now that we live in the information technology era, I could get a reasonably good passport size photo (thanks to my webcam) and save the  digitally compact 700 X 700 pixels and 37.5 KB file in my pen drive very easily. After this, it was just a matter of 10 minutes to get the file processed at the photo studio.

Technology indeed brings ease and economics in our lives. It is like a friend in  need. Therefore it is very important that we don't abuse it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.