14 May 2012

Plant talent and Principle of Karma

Many of us have seen ants moving in a very orderly manner (which we need to learn).
But many of us don't know facts such as leaf cutter ants can cut through leaves very precisely, bats use ultrasonic waves to  echolocate, plants turn toward the Sun, dolphins communicate with each other by using specific audio patterns and so on.

It is a proven fact that many plants and animals possess talents which we human beings cannot even imagine.

This evening I had the pleasure of reading an article about plants' talents, which I hope you may also like. During my student days (at Vorhees College, Vellore, India), Scientific American used to be one of my most favourite science magazines. The college had a vast collection of such magazines.

Postage stamp issued by INDIA POST on 10 July 2006
Though all animals possess talents, according to Hindu scriptures only human beings can distinguish between right and wrong. (For example, when a tiger hurts an animal, it doesn't know that it is doing something wrong).  This characteristic is reason enough for humans not to commit sin. Theory of Karma reinforces this fact very clearly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.