19 November 2021

Jhansi Jayanthi

Today there have been many functions including the one in which our Prime Minister Narendra Modiji delivered a speech, to commemorate the birthday of Rani Lakshmibhai.

I remember my positive experiences and people such as my visit to a nearby dam alongwith my colleagues (and driving the jeep for some time), a fellow Rotarian (who used to take me to Club meetings in his car and drop me back), my colleagues Mr Takur, Ms Ametha Singh, Selvaraj (a teacher from Tamilnadu), Mrs Renu Bansal and many others. I also remember a few bad colleagues such as Gaudamani (a teacher from Tamilnadu) and Sujatha (a teacher from Andhra Pradesh), in spite of my hating to remember these people.

I regret that I didn't use my weekends and holidays to visit places of divine importance such as Ayodhyaa (Birth place of Shree Raam) and Naimishaaranyaa.

I remember the authentic Aaloo Paraathaa  that used to be cooked in the school kitchen and served hot. It was pleasure working in my office during dinner time amidst which I used to get Aloo parathaas and delicious dhaal as side sish.

As Mary Hopkin sang "Those were the days ...". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.