06 April 2022

Dittakavi Seshaacharyulu

As Vaishnavite devotees celeberate Shree Raama Navarathri and as I try viewing as many TV programs on Lord Shree Raam, I fondly remember Shree Seshacharyulu, about whom I have written in my earlier posts.

He was my collegaue at a school in Vijayawada, India, many years back. An excellently disciplined gentleman and a very well qualified scholar in Sanskrit, he and his brothers are taking care of a nice Shree Raam temple in Ibrahimpatnam, a few kilometers outside Vijayawada. 

During my professional career, whenever I had to assess teahching skills of teachers, I had always done it with confidence, except when assessing Shree Seshaachaaryulu's classes, for two reasons: My knowledge of Sanskrit was not sufficient enough and Shree Seshaachaaryulu was an exceptionally excellent Sanskrit teacher. In fact his classes sounded more like a Vishnu temple than a classroom. 

I think that it is because of good people like him our world retains some goodness even today when evils are growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.