12 April 2022

Shree Raam's Ayodhyaa

Today being Ekaadashi, I liked to give priority to Shree Mahaa Vishnu centric TV programs. In this respect, I derived joy in viewing Pujyashree Bhupendra Pandyaji's discourse on Valmiki Raamaayan on Sanskar TV Channel. 

In his discourse, Pandyaji described as to how glorious was Shree Raam's Ayodhya and it's governance. He quoted the verse "Yudhdham ashakthyaa Ayodhyaa" meaning that Aypdhya could not be weakened by any war. 

He mentioned the role of the committee of Sages and the committee of Ministers in the King's governance. 

It is unfortunate that none of our school social studies textbooks mention these facts. It is high time that our textbook publishers and curriculum developers stop praising 'Lord' McCauley etc. and begin introducing good aspects of Ancient India so that at least the future generation would be freed from nasty westetn influences and be aware of our lofty Indian values.

From this point of view, I think that Jawaharlal Nehru, our first Prime Minister, did a very good thing by writing 'Discovery of India'. I remember my having read the book for the first time when I was in middle school. I got the book as first prize in an interschool elocution competion in English on Children's day (14 November which is the birth anniversary of Mr Nehru). In 1988, a televised version known as 'Bharath ek khoj' was telecast as serial in many languages in our National channels. It was a very popular serial directed by legendary Shyam Benegal with legendary actors such as Om Puri and Roshan Seth.

This evening, Ashta Bhajan channel telecast a divine discourse on Bhagavath Kathaa by Shree Gangadevji Maharaj from Jammu where he has his aashram. I tried to provide a link to any reliable information about him via Google Search, but in vain.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.