25 November 2022

Online shopping odds

I had ordered for a few essential grocery and house cleaning items through Amazon/Big Basket a week ago, but still havn't received the items.

Although online shopping is hassle free, the way in which the system works is appauling. If we order a few items and pay for them in advance (as against COD), some times we are informed that the item/s are out of stock and that the order is cancelled. Even when these are in stock, items are delivered at different times and not once. I find it very frustrating.

I placed order for a pack of mosquitoe repellant through Amazon one week ago, but hasn't received the item still. As usual I have paid the cost in advance. 

This is how Amazon works. Highly frustrating. 

There should be some regulation to fix such oddities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.