07 November 2022

Digital demons

In a few posts, I had mentioned my unpleasant experiences due to wrong handling of digital technology by banks, online shopping vendors etc.

This morning I heard from BBC World TV Channel news that Twitter will be charging a subscription fee from customers for blue tick verification. This is one of the first decisions taken by Twitter after Elon Musk took over as it's CEO.

Mobile phone consumers know that the manufacturers display details including the minimum distance that should be kept between the user and the device, in theor user manuals. For example, for Nokia X2, (which I had been using for a few years before switching on to smartphone) stipulated it as "one and a half centimeters". 

But my current smartphone, viz. Samsung Galaxy, doesn't have this information. For the past three days I have been communicating with Samsung india Customer Service via all their options, including a communication to it's CEO, but in vain. This is inspite of the fact that there is an auto generated response that they would get in touch "within 24 hours" every time I send my message via their website option, email or WhatsApp. 

I think that rascals use digital technology in a manner that is diametrically opposite to what it is aimed at. It is good that criminals such as Sashikala Natarajan involved in Jayalalitha murder, Apollo Hospital CEO Prathap Reddy involved in Jayalalitha murder case, Congress MP Sashi Tharoor involved in Sunanda murder case, ĎMK MP Raja, DMK MP Kanimozhi etc. are not IT entrepreneurs.

There should be strict guidelines to ban such evil practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.