17 July 2023

Consequences of joining hands with evil people

This evening, I had the joy of listening to a Utube discourse on the occassion of Chathurmaasya Vrathaa, by His Holiness Sathyaathma Theertha Swaamiji, Chief Guru of Uttaraadi Mutt, to which I belong. 

He was explaining a few concepts from the great Epic Mahaa Bhaarathaa. His explanations shed light on many doubts that ordinary Vishnu devotees like me have. Such discourses also show how relevant these Scriptures are even in today's circumstances.

We some times come across individuals who are good by nature but still suffer. According to Vedic Scriptures, it is due to misdeeds committed by them knowingly or unknowingly in their previous births.

Another reason is that though these people may basically be good natured, they join hands with evil people for some reason or the other. We come across many people around us in this category. In Mahaa Bhaarathaa, Bheesmaacharaa, Dronaacharyaa etc. seem to belong to this category. Although both were Vishnu devotees, they did have to succumb to the war and get killed by Pandavaas, as they joined hands with wicked Duriyodhana.

I think that Mahaa Bhaarathaa and other Vaishnavite Scriptures are treasure houses of immense information that should be part of curricula in our schools and colleges so that our youth are brought up in a righteous manner. (Unfortunately it does not seem to happen).

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.