20 December 2023

Doctor with a difference

Any right minded educated Indian knows that today our landscape is infected by increasing number of corporate 'vulture' hospitals with the sole aim of achieving popularity and amassing wealth in every possible manner.

There are NGOs and individual doctors who do help the poor. It was pleasure knowing about one such doctor as telecast in this program.

Thanks to Dr Ravi Kannan and the NHK WORLD JAPAN TV Channel. 

I remember PREPARE, one such poor people friendly NGO, run by Dr Jacob Dharmaraj, an admirable Managemant Professional husband and Dr Daisy Dharmaraj, his Medical Doctor wife. I was a team member in PREPARE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.