16 December 2023

Hong Kong: The Ever-Changing City

It was pleasure viewing BBC TV's Travel Show featuring Hong Kong, this evening. I tried to provide a link to the programme, but couldn't, as the episode is not available on BBC iPad app for use in India according to BBC's web page.

It was an interesting program. Until I saw this episode, I thought that Hong Kong was a melting pot of different cultures, mainly mainland Chinese (Mandarin), Cantonese and British. But this evening's program gave a fresh insight. It featured restaurants owned by people with popular Vietnamese names. I know how popular are Vietnamese food items in Cambodia.

Cultural integration at any place seems to be well reflected in food items available in that place whether it is Hong Kong or elsewhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.