25 August 2024

Difficulties and loneliness

According to Sanaathana Dharmaa Scriptures, we get difficulties due to our past or present Karma (actions).

Some times these difficulties arise very unexpectedly. Let me narrate my today's experience related to this.

Usually, after getting my clothes washed in the washing machine, I leave them inside the machine. Later, my servant maid dries them on the clothesline. 

She has the habit of keeping the broomstick near the washing machine very near the outlet tube that carries the washed away water. The tube is inserted into a slightly diametrically larger tube. Usually before switching the machine on, I ensure that the outlet tube is fit tightly. 

It looks like when my servant maid came yesterday, she shook the outlet tube by mistake though unintentionally. This morning, as usual I placed my clothes in the machine. But by the time the machine had completed it's course, there was a flood of water in the area near the machine and the kitchen. The problem is that there is no outlet of washed water anywhere in the house. (I think that this is a common problem in many modern houses and apartments). There was no way that the water could be drained out. 

I thought that when my servant maid comes, she would fix the problem. Unfortunately she phoned me saying that she wouldn't come today as she has body pain, thereby nailing down my short lived hope.

At 73, I find it difficult to use clothes to squeeze the water out. I have run all the ceiling fans and exhaust fans with the hope that the water will gradually be drained out atleast by tomorrow morning.

If I had got married to a good woman, she would have probably helped me at these times.

These are the times when I remember songs such as 'When I'm sixty four' by The Beatles .



The Beatles



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.