21 August 2024

Saathwick cooking

As a 100% vegetarian single living senior citizen, I myself cook my food items although I do order from Brahmin catering agencies some times. Being a poor eater, I order for only two side dishes instead of the standard four items. Besides, on important days such as Ekaadashi, Amaavaasyaa etc. I cook my own food. Hence the catering agency that used to deliver food items has stopped doing so, as it does not benefit from my purchases. (There has been a new caterer but this one is non-Brahmin vegetarian. According to Scriptures, a Brahmin should eat only food items cooked by a Brahmin).

This morning's episode of 'Desi rasoi se' on National HD TV Channel featured a few saathwick snacks presented by a young lady, who looks like a Shree Krishnaa devotee, from Mathuraa, the birth place of Lord Shree Krishna.  

Following is a clip from the programme:

Jai Shree Krishnaa🙏.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.