01 October 2026

Travelogue

It was pleasure viewing a travel program featuring Ireland on travelXP. I have had a special liking for Ireland as it is a relatively peaceful country unlike it's neighbour Northern Ireland. This country is the birth place of many poets, novelists and dramatists. This country's classical dancing traditions are immensely interesting as depicted in movies such as Titanic in which the hero, played by Leonardo, is a youngster from rural Ireland. 

I remember viewing this movie in Mahesh Reddy's house on a sunny afternoon in Chittoor in 1998. Mahesh Reddy was the CEO of Camford English Schools.

I joined their Senior School as Principal the next day. Chittoor has always had a special place in my heart as my birth place. My maternal grandparents were settled there.

Many formerr US Presidents including J F Kennedy and Bill Clinton are said to be from Irish ancestry.

teavelXP TV Channel is an informative channel. Still, I don't like many of their shows that show half nude women and men. Such shows need to be banned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Kumbakonam , Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.