06 July 2021

'Efficient' engineers and 'Perfect' politicians

In a previous post, I had mentioned about a Tamilnadu Government Notification to pay the electric bill. Although I did accordingly it hasn't worked. 

A few minutes back, my brother called me from the local Electricity Board office (that handles consumer electric bills) and said that he was paying for my bill and his as the EB staff were about to disconnect electric power supply to our residences. This has happened with many other consumers.

Government officials such as this Assistant Engineer should be severely punished and dismissed from service with no post dismissal monetary compensation or pension. Similarly politicians including Ministers and MLAs should be severely punished for their indifference and arrogance, and should be banned to contest in any election during their life time. They should be punished severely irrespective of their gender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.