23 June 2022

Thirst of curiosity

In my post dated 18th, I had mentioned about the common belief that there are six people who like alike. This reminds of two interesting incidents.

When I was working in Southern Africa in the late '80s, I used to spend my weekends with friends. One such friend was a Sikh colleague with whom I used to go to a nearby Gurdwara. Once I happened to see a woman who resembled a woman by name K L Sujatha. Out of curiosity, I went near the woman and realised that she was not K L Sujatha.

In 1993, nearly a year after my return from Southern Africa, I was offered a job in a school in Lalitpur, Uttar Pradesh. During my my first few days, I used to have visitors who simply wanted to see me  with no serious intention. When I asked about this to my PA, he told me that these people heard that the newly recruited principal looked like Mohan Gokhale (a popular Marathi film actor at that time) and hence they simply liked to quench their thirst of curiosity by having a look at me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
I am a retired K-12 Education Management Professional. I have worked at different levels in K-12 school systems, textbook publishing, elearning and Education NGOs. I have held memberships in The Association for Science Education (UK), American Association of Physics Teachers and The Malaysian Institute of Physics. I hold a 1st class B Sc Degree in Physics followed by B Ed [English and Physical Science] and M A [Childcare and Education] degrees. My published works include 59 articles in teacher development magazines in India and the US and a book entitled `Creative Classrooms and Child Friendly Schools' (listed in Amazon). This book is almost an anecdotal account of my professional experience in six countries (including Cambodia where I worked as Technical Adviser to the Ministry of Education, Youth And Sports). I served as mentor in the Certificate of Teaching Mastery Program offered by Teachers Without Borders.